A fellow die-hard Hokie fan found this fudge recipe and made it for the 2009 Spring Game in honor of the Greg Boone Wild Turkey formation. Well, Beamer never played the Wild Turkey, but we sure ate a lot of fudge that weekend! Delicious.
I’m posting this in honor of starting the season against a great Bama vs Virginia Tech game slated for September 5th in Atlanta, Georgia. I looked around on-line so I could link to the original. I could not find it. I don’t want to plagiarize here so if you find the original recipe, let me know so I may extend proper accreditation.
WILD TURKEY FUDGE
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
¼ – ½ c Wild Turkey 101
½ tsp orange extract
¾ oz slivered almonds or your favorite nut
- Combine chocolate chips and milk in large bowl and cover loosely
- Cook until chocolate melts (3 minutes on high in microwave works great)
- Stir mixture until smooth
- Add ¼ c bourbon and orange extract to mixture; mix well
- Add additional bourbon to taste; mix well
- Grease 8 inch square pan
- Sprinkle bottom of pan with nuts
- Pour mixture into pan; let stand until firm or chill in refrigerator