Most. Awesome. Itinerary. Ever.
Well, if you’re returning home for a long weekend with 2 friends whom have never been, that is. Heading there 1st weekend of June.
Land at LGA
Taxi to Jamaica Station – For added fun, check the streetviews of the map. Vacationer’s paradise!
LIRR to the Island
- Early AM ~6am – breakfast at a deli, train into Brooklyn after a change at the same Jamaina warzone… I mean station. The head to Flatbush avenue. Yes, the same Flatbush made popular in those rap lyrics. Be sure to have ostentatious displays of jewelry at the ready. Just kidding. It’s much improved. Check out the streetview! Yay corporate America!
- A few steps off the train to the Atlantic Ave Subway. We’ll take the 2 line from Atlantic Ave to Borough Hall, get out and then hike the Bridge! Hike the Brooklyn Bridge to lower Manhattan. Amazing views.
- Once over the Brooklyn Bridge get back on the subway – the 4 line – and pop out at the Wall St station
- Walk down Broadway. Get picture of the bull. See secret old post office. Very cool, no one knows this one. Just something I found one day.
- Take the free Staten Island Ferry – ~1hr round trip. Phenomenal views + you’re on the water!
- Katz Deli for lunch. Think when harry met sally.
-Lazy beach day.
-Fire Island Ferry that night.
-Early AM – 1/2 day fishing trip.
-Think Greek diners, Chinese places, delis.
-Early AM wake up.
-Head to NYC again on the commuter train. The LIRR, Penn, and downtown are all so much different on a business day.
-Try to see NYSE trading floor.
-Take 1pm Brooklyn Heights tour
-Get to LGA by 5pm for a 7pm flight.
What do you think? What would you do?